
When Sean and I decided to have a baby we thought...how hard could it be? I went to my OB for an exam and started my prenatal vitamins. Everyone I knew was pregnant, this was going to be easy! In a couple of months it would be Christmas and we could announce our pregnancy. Christmas came and went twice and still no great news to share.
After turning to fertility treatments and several disappointments we decided to try what would be our last attempt, IVF. The procedures and drugs were no fun but I knew it would be worth it. The 2WW (two week wait) was horrible, an emotional roller coaster! I think I probably bought about 30 home pregnancy tests. I was taking several a day...I know a little ridiculous but I wanted this baby so badly!
I took a test a few days before my doctors appointment to have my beta test and there was a faint line...I just started crying. Sean was sitting at his computer and I couldn't wait to get in there to show him. We were both excited but wanted the doctor to confirm. My beta test came back positive! It was time to celebrate and thank God for all of our answered prayers.
After turning to fertility treatments and several disappointments we decided to try what would be our last attempt, IVF. The procedures and drugs were no fun but I knew it would be worth it. The 2WW (two week wait) was horrible, an emotional roller coaster! I think I probably bought about 30 home pregnancy tests. I was taking several a day...I know a little ridiculous but I wanted this baby so badly!
I took a test a few days before my doctors appointment to have my beta test and there was a faint line...I just started crying. Sean was sitting at his computer and I couldn't wait to get in there to show him. We were both excited but wanted the doctor to confirm. My beta test came back positive! It was time to celebrate and thank God for all of our answered prayers.

No comments:
Post a Comment