Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Has it really been a month since I posted??

I can't believe its been a month since I have posted, time continues to fly by. September was action packed. The boys have changed so much over the last month. First and foremost they are little jabber boxes. They attempt to repeat everything which is a little scary around my house. I often find myself politely reminding my husband about our extremely impressionable boys!

We spent almost the entire month of September outside soaking up the weather before it was too cold to enjoy it! We had a portion of our yard fenced in and I have to tell you...best think ever! The fence is pretty ugly but who freakin cares...it keeps the little banshees contained! Of course with an ugly fence comes lots of play equipment, you know the bright colored plastic stuff...we are now the pride and joy of our small community! Luckily, we don't live in a subdivision with all those rules and regulations! I'm pretty sure our only neighbor who had a horse in his backyard will not care! The boys LOVE it out there so that is really all that matters!

(someone from my office just told me that all I need now is a toilet in my front yard with flowers planted in it)

So what else...oh...potty training we start this weekend. I think Colter might be ready. He brings me a diaper and lays down or grabs his rear and says poo poo! It's lovely!

The boys also started gymnastics. I thought at first Sean might give me a hard time about putting our "BOYS" in gymnastics but he said what better way to pick up chicks! That being said, Colter had his first kiss two weeks ago. The cutest little girl in his class also the same one that punched Cale in the eye the week before laid a big wet one on him! It was hysterical. Sean and I plan on meeting her father next weekend, lol. After the big kiss he got sick followed by Cale and Cooper. I hope that taught them a lesson on kissing girls they don't know!
Anywhoo...gotta run! I will be posting sometime soon about our stink bug issue so stay tuned! :)

OH...I can't forget my first attempt to make a fondant cake...it was a TON of work. I cut too many corners. It wasn't meant to be polka dot, it was supposed to have a big bow on the top but I didn't know you had to make the bow loops then let them dry overnight. I didn't have the time for that. The cake was yummy! I put a container of pudding in each mix and baked it with a pan of water in the oven, SUPER moist!
(probably shouldn't have taken such a close-up... you can see all the mistakes!)
I am trying to master my cake making skills for the boys 2nd bday...here is what I plan to make for each of them...then the big cake is below that.





Have any of you ever tasted fondant...its horrendous!

3 comments:

Got Triplets? said...

I think we have community playgrounds that have less toys in them that what is in your backyard! Holy Cow, Chicka!

And your cakes -- awesome. How do you find time to do any of this? Can you bottle some of your energy and send it over here, please?

Oh -- and I've got my 2T summer for you to look through. :-)

Unknown said...

I LOVE the cake idea!!! I would not be talented enough! Scrapbook yes, baking - NO! Good Luck and I can't wait to see pictures!

Grace said...

Wow! You did great on your first attempt.