Monday, November 9, 2009

I took the plunge...

and got braces...yes you heard it right...braces. My teeth weren't horrible but they were a bit crowded and as silly as it sounds I had this little gap between my front two teeth that bugged the crap out of me! The best part is my insurance paid for almost all of it so I thought why not! Now I will only have to survive my husband making fun of me for 6 months!



I looked into invisalign but the dentist didn't think that was right for me. So we opted for the 6 month smile (ONLY 6 MONTHS) which are braces that are geared for adults who don't have any issues with their bite. See below:



My braces on the left and traditional ones on the right...

Hopefully I'll have some really great before and after pictures in 6 months!

5 comments:

FrenznickFive said...

I want to know how you get away with only 6 months and I had my stupid Braces for 3 years!!! but they were the traditional ones and I also had an overbite from being a thumb sucker... ah well you are supposed to look awkward in middle school i guess! I'm glad you are on your way to a perfect smile in no time! :o)

Samantha said...

I had braces at age 24 and they were the clear ones. I am SO glad I did it. I wore them for a little over 1 year. Good for you!

Anonymous said...

I got traditional braces at age 32 and had to wear them for 2.5 years. Lots of people didn't think I needed them, but I had one tooth on the upper right that kept rotating out more and more the older I got. I would not smile and show my teeth because of that 1 tooth. I am SO much happier with my smile now and would do it all over again, but since I wear retainers (clear plastic) faithfully I hope not to have to :). Now if only I could get my teeth whitened...

Jessica said...

Thanks! I am all for fixing something that bothers you! I'm glad all of you were happy with your results! My mouth has been VERY sore the last couple of days so I'm hoping I get used to them soon!

I too have a tooth that is turning the older I get...its weird, huh!

Jessica said...

I just stumbled across your blog and actually just got braces too but mine are on for 2 years. Right now I'm regretting the decision because my mouth is so sore but hope to get used to them soon. I am VERY jealous of your six month braces!