I'm SO excited!!! The upstairs playroom is almost finished. Just a few more pictures to hang and we're done! The boys absolutely love it. I've tried to take some pictures but they didn't turn out very well. The room isn't very big so its hard to get a good angle and I had to take them with my old camera but you'll get the idea. The walls as you can see are a lime green. I made the curtains for the closet and window, yes I broke out the sewing machine! I felt like I was on an episode of design on a dime! There is a magnetic chalk board on one and a piece of sheet metal on the other. We quickly realized that the magnetic paint wasn't going to hold anything heavy so we added the sheet metal for their fridge phonics toys. All in all I think it turned out very well.
Total Cost:
Paint: 30.00 @ Lowes
Flooring: 60.00 @ Sam's Club
Light fixture: 39.00 @ Lowes
Sheet Metal: 7.00 @ Lowes
Magnetic Paint: 22.00 @ Lowes (not worth it)
Chalk Board Paint: 11.00 @ Lowes (I think...could have been 13.00)
Paper Balls: 1.67-1.99 @ Hobby Lobby (Cale pointed and said ball when we walked in the room)
Curtain Rod for Window: 17.00 @ Target
Fabric for Window Curtain and Closent: 18.00 @ JoAnn Fabrics
Pictures for Walls: Shutterfly B/W of the boys under 50.00
Wall Words: Under 15.00 @ Hobby Lobby
For a grand total of: $281.01

The black and white of the boys are going above the chalkboard.

The boys playing in their new playroom!!!!!
I know this is a choking hazard...they have been removed from the room! :P

Colter was being a ham tonight....and its WAYYYYY past their bedtime!
9 comments:
Looks Great. The boys are going to love it. Love th Pj's the boys are wearing my kiddos have the same ones
Just visiting from triplet connection...the room looks awesome! You did a great job!
Kristina
My boys would be jealous! You did a great job.
Awesome job! Love the idea of the metalic wall. Hmmmm....
Astrid
The room looks fantastic and the boys look like they are having a blast! I wish we had an extra room to make a "play room" but we're pretty maxed out here in our little townhouse.
Alright you've totally inspired me to get our playroom fixed up! The hot wheels table looks awesome and we need to get one of those tunnels. :) Wish we lived closer to you so we could just go play with yours. HAHA
Looks great! It's so nice to have a SAFE place that the babies can just run and play in without worry!
This is a fabulous play room! We have turned our dinning room into a play room for them, and have the same foam flooring down..but ours doesn't look nearly as cute as yours. I may have to steal some ideas!! Great Job!!
That is the coolest playroom I've ever seen!! You did an amazing job girl!!
Oh and your boys have the most gorgeous blue eyes. I'm sure you get that a lot!
Post a Comment