I hate car shopping! It's always stressed me out. Its such a big expense you want to make the perfect decision. Sean and I disagree on just about everything when it comes to vehicles, down to the color (he's color blind).
I think it was a little over a year ago I got my 2007 Toyota 4-Runner, I have LOVED this car. I've always wanted one and have now been procrastinating on getting rid of it but the time has finally come.
As I mentioned in a previous post the boys finally graduated out of their snugrides and now have radian80s, we also bought a peg perego triplette. Once I get the boys loaded along with the stroller...there is NO space left. Forget the grocery store (maybe I should keep the 4-runner).
Anyway, today we took a trip to the local Toyota dealership with the boys and looked at SUVs and minivans. They both have their pros and cons. Obviously, the gas mileage is better in the vans but there is more room in the large SUV. The minivan is closer to the ground making it easier to load, but I feel safer in the SUV. I could go on and on.
After much deliberation and loading/unloading car seats and strollers out of both vehicles we have decided on a Toyota Sequoia. I would love to hear feedback as to your thoughts of pros vs cons on large SUVs and minivans.
This is such a big decision!
9 years ago

3 comments:
Hi!
I just found your blog through another triplet mom's blog, and saw your post on SUV's and minivans. I am sure there are lots of people that love both....I have a Yukon XL and LOVE it. I have three carseats across the bench in the back, took out the third row and have LOTS of room for either our Peg triplette or mountain buggy triple jogger plus lots of extra room.
I have never had a minivan, so i don't know what it is like for triplets.....but I have two friends wtih triplets that bought new minivans, and after about a year, they sold them and bought SUVs (Suburban and Ford Expedition). The hated trying to get their strollers in the minivans and had a hard time getting their trio in and out of the carseats.
Either way, good luck!!!! Buying a new car is soooo stressful!!!!!!!
And your boys are SO CUTE!
Take care,
Kelli
www.theratliffboys.blogspot.com
We went through this decision before we had our 3 and chose the minivan for a couple reasons:
1. gas mileage
2. easier to get in and out of, especially when they were in their infant seats (plus our 3-year-old can climb in by herself and these three will need to be doing that soon)
3. automatic door opener-thingy - can't tell you how awesome it is to click a button and the side doors open or close.
That said, the SUV probably does have more total space, but we really haven't encountered a need for more. We took everyone on a week-long trip to see family and had plenty of room. We don't have a triple stroller, though, either...
Good luck w/the three - isn't it awesome?!
Hi, Found your blog through another triplet blog, and just wanted to share my thoughts on the mini-van/suv debate. I started out with the big SUV, then went to the minivan. I had and expedition for the first 2 months that my trio was home. I was miserable, way too dificult to load kiddos in and lots of useles space, the stroller took the entire back, so we couldn't even use the third seat. We bought a new Honda Odyssey and I have no regrets. My trio is now soon to be 3 years old. And it's great, they get in and out themselves. We have the seat behind the driver out for easy access. My husband thinks we'll need something bigger in a few years. I'll hold out as long as I can. I know for some women the min-van "just isn't cool". I could care less. I love my van. Makes my life so much easier than the Expedition. Good luck with your choice and happy shopping.
BTW: Beautiful kiddos!! Congrats, enjoy them, the time goes so quickly.
Post a Comment